2. A short side track on a railroad, which may be occupied by one train while another is passing on a main track; a shunt; a siding; a switch.
3. That which is prominently brought forward or exhibited; hence, an equipage; as, a man with a showy carriage and horses is said to have a fine
4. The aggregate number of persons who have come out, as from their houses, for a special purpose; the number in attendance at a gathering; as, a light
turnout for the election.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
5. Net quantity of produce yielded.
6. A space alongside a highway where vehicles may stop, esp. for emergency purposes, or to admire the view.
New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site
Mon 01st June 2020