Sub*scribe", v. i. 1. To sign one's name to a letter or other document. Shak.
2. To give consent to something written, by signing one's name; hence, to assent; to agree.
So spake, so wished, much humbled Eve; but FateMilton.
3. To become surely; -- with for.
4. To yield; to admit one's self to be inferior or in the wrong.
I will subscribe, and say I wronged the duke.Shak.
5. To set one's name to a paper in token of promise to give a certain sum.
6. To enter one's name for a newspaper, a book, etc.
New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site
You can add a free dictionary search box to your own web site by copying and pasting the following HTML into one of your web pages:
<form action="http://www.freedict.co.uk/search.php" method="post"> <p style="text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif;"> <a style="font-weight: bold;" href="http://www.freedict.co.uk/" title="FreeDict free online dictionary">FreeDict</a> <input type="text" name="word" size="20" value="" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search Dictionary" /> </p> </form>
Sat 25th May 2019