Pan`o*ra"ma(?), n. [NL., fr. Gr. pa^s, pa^n, all + that which is seen, a view, fr. to see. See Pan-, and Wary.]
1. A complete view in every direction.
2. Hence: A comprehensive survey of a particular topic; also, a broad view of the development of a series of events.
3. A picture presenting a view of objects in every direction, as from a central point.
4. A picture representing scenes too extended to be beheld at once, and so exhibited a part at a time, by being unrolled, and made to pass continuously before the spectator.
Pan`o*ram"ic*al(?), } a. 1. Of, pertaining to, or like, a panorama; exhibiting a very broad view; as, a panoramic view.
Panoramic camera. See under Camera.
2. Hence: Presented with a broad perspective; as, a
panoramic view of European history.
New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site
You can add a free dictionary search box to your own web site by copying and pasting the following HTML into one of your web pages:
<form action="http://www.freedict.co.uk/search.php" method="post"> <p style="text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif;"> <a style="font-weight: bold;" href="http://www.freedict.co.uk/" title="FreeDict free online dictionary">FreeDict</a> <input type="text" name="word" size="20" value="" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search Dictionary" /> </p> </form>
Tue 18th December 2018