Na"tion*al*ism(?), n. 1. The state of being national; national attachment; nationality.
2. An idiom, trait, or character peculiar to any nation.
3. National independence; the principles of the Nationalists.
4. A devotion to one's country; patriotism; especially. an exaggerated or excessive form of patriotism; chauvinism.
5. The policy of advocating the independence of one's country.
6. The policy of advocating the interests of one's own country exclusively, regardless of effects of a country's actions on other countries.
New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site
You can add a free dictionary search box to your own web site by copying and pasting the following HTML into one of your web pages:
<form action="http://www.freedict.co.uk/search.php" method="post"> <p style="text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif;"> <a style="font-weight: bold;" href="http://www.freedict.co.uk/" title="FreeDict free online dictionary">FreeDict</a> <input type="text" name="word" size="20" value="" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search Dictionary" /> </p> </form>
Tue 22nd September 2020