Nar"row*ly, adv. [AS. nearulice.] 1. With little breadth; in a narrow manner.
2. Without much extent; contractedly.
3. With minute scrutiny; closely; as, to look or watch
narrowly; to search
4. With a little margin or space; by a small distance; hence, closely; hardly; barely; only just; -- often with reference to an avoided danger or misfortune; as, he
5. Sparingly; parsimoniously.
6. With close adherence to the literal meaning of a text; as, to interpret
narrowly; to construe
narrowly; to read
narrowly; -- used especially of laws and contracts.
New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site
You can add a free dictionary search box to your own web site by copying and pasting the following HTML into one of your web pages:
<form action="http://www.freedict.co.uk/search.php" method="post"> <p style="text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif;"> <a style="font-weight: bold;" href="http://www.freedict.co.uk/" title="FreeDict free online dictionary">FreeDict</a> <input type="text" name="word" size="20" value="" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search Dictionary" /> </p> </form>
Thu 13th May 2021