(fl"spk), v. t. To soil with flyspecks.
[1913 Webster]




n. An implement with a flat part (a mesh of metal or plastic) and a long handle, used to kill insects by striking them. The handle is typically about one foot long and the flat mesh at the end (usually of plastic) is about 5 inces square.
Syn. -- swatter.
[WordNet 1.5 +PJC]


New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site

You can add a free dictionary search box to your own web site by copying and pasting the following HTML into one of your web pages:

<form action="" method="post">
 <p style="text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif;">
  <a style="font-weight: bold;" href=""
     title="FreeDict free online dictionary">FreeDict</a>
  <input type="text" name="word" size="20" value="" />
  <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search Dictionary" />


a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

Sat 12th June 2021