Cross"ing, n. [See Cross, v. t. ] 1. The act by which anything is crossed; as, the crossing of the ocean.
2. The act of making the sign of the cross.
3. The act of interbreeding; a mixing of breeds.
4. Intersection, as of two paths or roads.
5. A place where anything (as a stream) is crossed; a paved walk across a street, or a set of marks across the street pavement indicating that this is a designated location for pedestrians to cross.
[1913 Webster +PJC]
6. Contradiction; thwarting; obstruction.
I do not bear these crossings.Shak.
New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site
Sat 14th December 2019