(k?-r?"n?s), n. [Gr. korwni`s anything curved. See Cornice.] 1. In Greek grammar, a sign ['] sometimes placed over a contracted syllable. W. W. Goodwin.
[1913 Webster]

2. The curved line or flourish at the end of a book or chapter; hence, the end. [R.] Bp. Hacket.
[1913 Webster]


New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site

You can add a free dictionary search box to your own web site by copying and pasting the following HTML into one of your web pages:

<form action="" method="post">
 <p style="text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif;">
  <a style="font-weight: bold;" href=""
     title="FreeDict free online dictionary">FreeDict</a>
  <input type="text" name="word" size="20" value="" />
  <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search Dictionary" />


a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z

Mon 17th December 2018