concentratedadj. 1. Having a high density of (the indicated substance); as, a narrow thread of concentrated ore. [Narrower terms: undiluted (vs. diluted)]
2. Gathered together or made less diffuse; as, their
concentrated efforts; his
concentrated attention. Opposite of
diffused. [Narrower terms: bunched, bunchy, clustered; centered, centred, centralized, focused; undivided] [Also See: compact.]
3. Intense; in an extreme degree; -- of mental phenomena; as, her
concentrated passion held them at bay.
4. being the most concentrated solution possible at a given temperature; unable to dissolve still more of a substance. Opposite of
unsaturated. [Narrower terms: supersaturated]
Syn. -- saturated.
5. reduced to a stronger or more concentrated form; as,
concentrated sulfuric acid. Opposite of
Syn. -- condensed.
6. characterized by intensity; especially when imposed from without; -- of actions; as,
Syn. -- intensive.
7. characterized by mental concentration.
Syn. -- intent.
[WordNet 1.5 +PJC]
New - Add Dictionary Search to Your Site
You can add a free dictionary search box to your own web site by copying and pasting the following HTML into one of your web pages:
<form action="http://www.freedict.co.uk/search.php" method="post"> <p style="text-align: center; font-family: sans-serif;"> <a style="font-weight: bold;" href="http://www.freedict.co.uk/" title="FreeDict free online dictionary">FreeDict</a> <input type="text" name="word" size="20" value="" /> <input type="submit" name="submit" value="Search Dictionary" /> </p> </form>
Tue 07th April 2020